Straight Out Of The Horses Mouth

Posted by Sofie W On 0 comments

For my main base of research, getting in contact with the companies is the first priority. I've emailed 8 different companies with a questionnaire I've devised which I feel should help greatly with research progression.
This is what I wrote.

Hi, I’m Sofie. I will apologise in advance if this is emailed to the wrong section but I’ve tried to send it to the one I thought most appropriate.
I’m a student studying Video Game Art & Design in Norwich, England and was wondering if I could have a bit of your time to answer a few questions to help me out, even if it is just a couple and not all of them I’d be extremely grateful – If not I understand that you are a busy working company and wish you all the best.
The aim of this research project is to find out how individual games are made depending on the company and/or budget.
What has been your best selling/most popular game of 2010/2011?
Approximately how many people worked on the game you answered with above?
How long did it take from the initial idea to finished product?
Can you list the main pieces of software you use during production?
What main job roles do you as a company have during the development process and what do these roles specifically entail?
Finally, what do you think the differences in production and development is between high budget and low budget companies? For example, what are the positive and negatives of working on a game as a large or a smaller company? How does this affect particular job roles and outcomes of work?
If you wish to add anything else that you think will be of help to me, please do so. 
Thank you for your time. I look forward to reading your responses!
Sofie.
Now to give it approximately 72 hours - If I have no response I will start making phone calls.